Wales stars to share a minimal of £10MILLION after qualifying for the World Cup… with preliminary £1.5m to be spent on preparations for the event in Qatar
- Wales secured their place on the 2022 World Cup by beating Ukraine in a play-off
- They are going to be given £1.5million to arrange for the event in Qatar
- Gamers will nonetheless accumulate near £8m even when they fail to get out of their group
- Wales haven’t performed on the World Cup since showing on the occasion in 1958
- Click on right here for all the most recent World Cup 2022 information and updates
Wales have reached the event for the primary time since 1958 and can tackle USA, Iran and England within the teams in Qatar in November.
But no matter their efficiency, Wales — like all nations — have landed an preliminary £1.5m from FIFA to spend on event preparations.
Wales gamers will share at the least £10million after qualifying for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar
Wales secured their place at this yr’s event with a 1-0 victory over Ukraine
Then, even when they’re eradicated within the teams, they may nonetheless accumulate near £8m after their event has ended.
In addition to being distributed among the many gamers and employees, the funds can be used to enhance the sport in any respect ranges in Wales and enhance their probabilities of qualifying for future tournaments.
This week, Welsh FA chief govt Noel Mooney bemoaned the ‘third-world’ grassroots services he had present in some components of the nation on taking the job final yr.
Wales face Belgium on Saturday within the Nations League understanding defeat would go away them at risk of relegation following losses to Poland and Holland.
The Welsh aspect had been overwhelmed 2-1 by Holland of their most up-to-date fixture within the Nations League