Intending candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, 2022 – Second Series are hereby informed that the registration began on Wednesday, July 13, 2022, Learnallpro reports.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) conducts two series of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates per year. The WASSCE for Private Candidates-First Series is done in Jan/Feb, the Second Series is done in Oct/Nov.
Candidates should also note that the 2022 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
WAEC GCE Registration Period
- WAEC GCE registration period begins on Wednesday, July 13, 2022, and ends on Friday, August 12, 2022, at 12.00 midnight.
- Walk-in registration is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) intended to sit for.
List of Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE Second Series
|S/N||Subject Name||Subject Code|
|3||CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES||202|
|9||LITERATURE IN ENGLISH||210|
|22||HEALTH EDUCATION/HEALTH SCIENCE||508|
|32||CLOTHING AND TEXTILES||701|
|33||FOODS AND NUTRITION||702|
How to Apply for the 2022 WAEC GCE
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand Naira (N18,000) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Jaiz Bank
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
Also, candidates will be required to pay a Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for registration.
NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (NIN):
- Each Candidate is expected to have a National Identification Number for the Registration exercise.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS:
- Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their Impairments e.g Visual, Low vision, Spastic, Speech, Hard to hear, etc
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION:
- Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the Admission Notice, as Evidence of successful registration, which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Admission Notice. The acceptable fingerprint Scanner is UareU digitalPersona fingerprint device.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination
- Candidates should note that the registration fee is not refundable
- Candidates should continue to check the website for the examination Timetable
- Entries must be uploaded with passport photographs captured with a digital camera. The specification of the digital camera should be Microsoft HD 3000. The passport photographs must be of good quality BLACK & WHITE OR COLOUR (JPEG File only, 275 by 314 pixels with 72 dbi resolution) and with a CONTRASTING BACKGROUND. There must be no obstructive items. Please note that the submission of a defaced or poor quality photography by a candidate would automatically invalidate the entry of the candidate. For further details, visit www.waecnigeria.org