Are you a cleantech startup seeking to expand your operations and increase your market competitiveness? Apply to Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) to gain access to crucial networks, industry experts, and individualised business assistance, learnallpro reports.
The Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) is a United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)-led and Global Environment Facility (GEF)-funded initiative that promotes cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship to address the most pressing climate and environmental issues.
Climate change is a worldwide issue that requires immediate attention. Moreover, the need for resources and energy continues to grow, particularly in rising markets and developing economies. A country’s capacity to realise its low-carbon development potential may be hindered by its inadequate use of cleantech breakthroughs. Adoption of breakthrough clean technology is crucial for climate action without compromising economic and industrial growth.
Although cleantech innovators have boundless potential for new ideas, they frequently struggle to commercialise their solutions. Innovators and Startups in the cleantech industry frequently encounter formidable obstacles when attempting to commercialise their ideas and scale their businesses. Lack of technical support, restricted access to funding, a weak cleantech ecosystem, a weak policy regulatory environment, and institutional impediments, among others, have prevented the majority of innovators from escaping the “Valley of death.”
GCIP bridges this “valley of death” by providing competition-based business acceleration services for innovative cleantech start-ups and SMEs, connecting firms with private sector investors, and creating innovation- and entrepreneurship-enabling ecosystems.
UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme Eligibility
- Open to all Nigerian based cleantech startups and innovators;
- Startups should have:
- An already developed innovative technology-based product (prototype or an existing solution in the market)
- A solution that falls under any of the following cleantech categories with particular attention to solutions that improve energy access in underserved regions:
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Waste Beneficiation
- Green Buildings
- Advanced Materials and Chemicals
- A well-rounded and committed team with complementary skills.
UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme Benefits
- Access to high-impact capacity building sessions delivered by innovative business and cleantech leaders.
- Linkage with mentors and industry experts for targeted advisory support along the journey.
- Access to capital through relationship with strategic investors, VC firms, and other financing institutions .
- Opportunity to actively contribute to the national and global cleantech innovation ecosystem.
- Amplify your impact through National and Global events and showcases.
- Opportunity to scale your innovative cleantech solution in Nigeria and beyond through strategic linkages.
- Connection with large scale cleantech companies across the globe for possible collaborations.
How to Apply for UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme
Interested cleantech startups who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Application Deadline for Startups: July 21st, 2022