Rivers State University (RSU, formerly Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) Master of Technology (M.Tech) admission form is currently on sale for the 2022/2023 academic session. Details on how to apply is as follows:
RSUST M.Tech Admission Invitation
The academic programmes at the Centre of Excellence are designed to develop highly skilled Postgraduate level Engineers in all key areas of Marine and Offshore Engineering; and in particular, for applications in the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. The Centre was set up by Shell Petroleum Development Company and its Joint Venture Partnersas a new initiative in its University Assistance Programme, to strengthen the intervention strategies from ‘within’ the University environment for academic excellence in the area of Marine and Offshore Engineering.
The curriculum provides well planned content for preparation of graduates for tasks that range from research and development, design, construction/installation, to operation and maintenance of equipment and facilities. All the programmes conform to the specified standards and satisfy the requirements of the NUC Benchmark for Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS). At completion of the programme, graduates of the Centre would acquire the requisite intellectual and professional skills to make them fully functional and ready for opportunities in the Maritime, Oil and Gas Industry, as well as in Universities and Research Centres.
A successful completion of the academic programme will lead to the award of the Rivers State University’s Master of Technology (M.Tech) degree in Marine and Offshore Engineering with Specialization in Marine Engineering (Power plants), Naval Architecture, or Offshore and Subsea Engineering. Every graduate of the Centre will also be awarded the Certificate of the Centre named “Diploma of the Centre of Excellence (DCoE)”.
Duration of Programme
The programmes are designed to cover a period of eighteen (18) months which includes six (6) months of internship geared towards executing a research project with practical applications in an Offshore Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company or other key areas of Maritime Engineering. Academic Activities for the 2022/2023 Cycle are scheduled to commence in June, 2022.
RSUST M.Tech Admission Requirements
Graduates from NUC and COREN Accredited University programmes (in Nigeria) or highly recognized/rated foreign University who also satisfy the following conditions are eligible to apply for admission:
- A Bachelor degree with a First Class or good Second Class Upper Division with a CGPA of not lower than 3.5 on a 5-point Scale/System
The degree must be in any of the Engineering disciplines listed below:
Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Offshore/Subsea Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering and Petroleum Engineering.
- School Certificate/GCE/SSCE ‘O’ level with credit in five (5) subjects that must include Chemistry, English Language, Mathematics, and Physics obtained in not more than two sittings
- The National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge Certificate
How to Apply for RSUST M.Tech Admission Form
Applications for admission to the programme shall be made on-line by logging onto www.coemarine-rsu.org. Application forms should be completed on-line, downloaded and hard copies submitted to the Director, Centre of Excellence in Marine and Offshore Engineering, Rivers State University along with the following:
- Scanned copies of all relevant certificates, including the NYSC Discharge certificate.
- Certified academic transcripts. It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that copies of their academic transcripts are forwarded under confidential cover directly to the Director, Centre of Excellence in Marine and Offshore Engineering, Rivers State University, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt.
- Letters of reference from three referees (including one from the academic institution last attended) stating that the candidate is qualified to undertake advanced studies and research and that the referee is confident that the applicant will benefit from the training.
- A brief description in not more than one page of their work experience and current task(s) and how the training will add value to them.
Note: Corporate bodies and agencies that wish to nominate their staff can do so by endorsing completed application forms as sponsors. Such nominees are also expected to satisfy the above stated admission requirements.
The deadline for submission of application forms on-line and at the Centre of Excellence in Marine and Offshore Engineering is six weeks from the date of this publication.