This is to inform all Cyber Café Operators (CBO) that there is a new directive from the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), regarding NYSC registration. With effect from the 2022 Batch “B” Mobilization Registration, NYSC has unveiled an online application for registration and accreditation of Cyber Cafe Business Operators (CBOs). This among others regulates CBOs operation vis-a-vis NYSC online registration to ensure free registration.
Cyber Café Operators (CBO) are critical stakeholders of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), providing numerous online services on the NYSC portal to both prospective and serving Corps Members. Accordingly, the management of the NYSC is set to commence registration and accreditation of interested CBO to ensure the sanity of activities on the NYSC portal. Thus, this document is to provide the needed guidelines for this process.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ACCREDITATION
- To bring sanity in the NYSC online registration process.
- To encourage Cyber Café operators to work as partners with the NYSC.
- To weed out quacks amongst Cyber Café operators that perform online services for Prospective and serving Corps Members.
- Ensure effective monitoring of Cyber Café operators through the creation of a Database of Cyber Café Operators.
- Promote error-free online registration for Prospective Corps Members
BENEFITS OF REGISTERING WITH THE NYSC
- New business opportunities.
- Partnership with NYSC.
- Access to Technical Support from the NYSC.
- Periodic Training by the NYSC.
CAPACITY BUILDING FOR ACCREDITED OPERATORS
The NYSC will provide periodic training for accredited CBOs to educate them on new features on the NYSC Integrated System (NIS) platform.
NYSC Guidelines for Registration and Accreditation of Cyber Café Operators (CBO)
Interested Cyber Café Operator must adhere as follows;
- Register on the NYSC CBO website as well as upload of requisite documents as stipulated by the Scheme for approval.
- Issuance of provisional registration for successful Cyber Café Operators, pending inspection of company’s premises.
- Inspection of Premises/Verification of documents.
- Signing and submission of the Cyber Café Operators Agreement.
- Issuance of Certificate by NYSC to accredited Cyber Café Operators.
- Monitoring of accredited Cyber Café operators.
Fees for interested Cyber Café Operators (CBOs):
- Expression-of-Interest fee – N5,000.
- New Registration fee – N20,000.00.
- Annual Renewal of Accreditation fee – N16,000.00
Cyber Café Operators are NOT to charge more than Two Thousand (N2,000.00) Naira for services rendered to Prospective Corps members (both Nigerian and Foreign-trained).