Nigeria Police Academy (NPA) Admission Form 2020/2021 for the 8th regular course – In this post, you will find everything you need to know about the online application, form price, starting date, deadline, NPA admission requirements, list of available courses, NPA entrance examination date, centre and latest news update.
POLAC admission form 2020/2021 for the 8th regular course is out and application has started on the Nigeria Police Academy portal.
The Nigeria Police Academy admission form 2020/2021 costs Three Thousand, Five Hundred Naira only (N3,500.00) and the minimum JAMB cut off mark is 180.
Nigeria Police Academy (NPA), Wudil, Kano is inviting suitably qualified Nigerian citizens for admission into its 8th Regular Course degree programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Candidates admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree course will undergo a combined academic and Police training for a minimum period of Five (5) Years leading to Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).
Sale of online application forms for admission into the 8th Regular Course of degree programme of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, started on Monday 13th April, 2020 and ends on Sunday 5th July, 2020.
Nigeria Police Academy Admission Requirements 2020
- Candidates seeking admission into the Academy must be Nigerian citizens and must be between 17 and 22 years of age, and must have a height of not less than 1.67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 86cm (34 Inches for those between 21 and 22 years of age). All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings and including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
- Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
- SSCE statement of results or certificates relating to examinations taken before 2016 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Courses Available In Nigeria Police Academy
NPA Courses leading to Bachelor’s degrees in the following disciplines are available in the Academy:
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES. BA in:
- History & International Studies
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: BSc in:
- Political Science
FACULTY OF SCIENCE: BSc in:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Forensic Science
How to Apply for POLAC Admission Form 2020/2021
- Interested Applicants are advised to go to the Nigeria Police Academy’s Website: http://polac.edu.ng/purchasepin in order to obtain or generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code.
- The RRR code obtained can be used to make payment of N3,500.00 through any commercial Bank Branch in Nigeria.
- Applicants must, in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board [JAMB] as well as sit for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Candidates need not select the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil as a University of choice in the JAMB form. However, only candidates who obtained the minimum UTME scores of 180 which is the Academy’s Cut-off mark in JAMB and purchased the Academy online Application Form will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination.
- After making payment, applicants are to visit http://polac.edu.ng/user/register/application to create an online application account.
NOTE: Applications are to be submitted online. On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download Acknowledgement Form. Candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above, will be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
Nigeria Police Academy Entrance Exam Date 2020
The Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil Entrance Examination 2020 will be conducted on Saturday the 8th August, 2020.
The entrance examination will be Pencil and Paper Based (PPB) or Computer Based Test (CBT) as the case may be.
The examination shall comprise of a General Paper (Section A) which is compulsory for all candidates.
It will cover areas such as general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics.
Other sections are to be selected according to candidate’s Faculty of choice. O
Only candidates who meet the Academy’s cut-off mark of 180 in UTME and above will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at the 21 designated Centres, available on the academy’s website.
Eligible candidates are to bring along to the examination venue the following:
- Acknowledgement Form
- Examination Card (see how to print POLAC entrance exam card 2020)
- Current JAMB Result Slip
- Two Postcard size photographs (3.5×5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards (At the back of each of the two Postcard size photographs, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, Examination Centre and signature).
Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board screening and interview. The list of successful candidates will be published on our website.
Nigeria Police Academy Entrance Exam Centres and Subjects
Nigeria Police Academy entrance examination centres are as follow:
- ABUJA POWA Headquarters opposite Force Headquarters, Abuja
- BAUCHI Police Training School, Bauchi
- BENUE Zone 4 – Makurdi, Benue State
- CALABAR Zone 6 – Calabar, Cross River State
- EDO Zone 5 – Benin city, Edo State
- ENUGU Police Detective College, Enugu
- IBADAN Police Training School, Ibadan
- JOS Police Staff College, Jos
- KADUNA Police College, Kaduna
- KANO Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil
- LAGOS Police College, Ikeja, Lagos
- LOKOJA Zone 8 – Lokoja, Kogi State
- MAIDUGURI Police College, Maiduguri
- MINNA Police Secondary School, Minna
- OWERRI Emmanuel College, Owerri
- PORT-HARCOURT Police Secondary School, Port Harcourt
- SOKOTO Zone 10 – Sokoto, Sokoto State
- TARABA Zone 3 – Jalingo,Taraba State
- YOLA Police Children School, Karewa, Jimeta, Yola Adamawa State.
POLAC Entrance Exam Centre Selection And Instruction
Candidates should log into their online account so as to choose the centre nearest to them from among the old centries and the additional centre.
Candidates that selected one of the newly added centres should contact the respective State Police Commands of their chosen centres.
Candidates are hereby requested to come to the examination centre along with the following:
- Acknowledgement Form
- Examination Card (Log into your online account to print Exam Card and updated Aknowledgement Card)
- Current JAMB Result Slip
- 2B pencil, sharpener, eraser and ruler
- Two (2) Postcard size photographs (3.5 x 5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards
How The NPA Entrance Exam 2020 Will Look Like
SELECTION A: General paper which is compulsory for all candidates (Weighs 40% of total score).
SECTION B: Other sections, (only one section to be answered by candidates based on Faculty of choice (weighs 60% of total score).
In other words, your section A will be a general paper while the section B will contain the 3 subjects below based on your faculty of choice.
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES:
- Literature in English
FACULTY OF LAW
- Literature in English
FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
- Principle of Accounts/Commerce
That is all for now on Nigeria police academy admission form 2020/2021, entrance examination date and centres, subject combination, cut off mark and how to apply.
If you found the article helpful, feel free to use the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with the share buttons below.