The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2022. The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities. You can also Read: Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2023
The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship is a 10-year, $500 million global initiative to educate and develop next generation leaders who will contribute to social and economic transformation. The Program enables young people from economically disadvantaged communities to complete quality secondary and university education, and make successful transitions to further education or careers in their home countries. Through comprehensive support, Scholars receive learning opportunities that equip them with knowledge, skills, and values needed to succeed in the economy, and make positive impacts in their communities.
University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program 2023 Details:
Scholarship Host Country: South Africa
Host University: University of Pretoria
Course Level: Master’s Degree
Who is Eligible?: Africans Countries
Deadline: 31 October 2022.
Benefits Of MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2023 at UP:
Full Tuition Fee
Accommodation expenses will be covered
Books and printed material allowance
Monthly stipend to cover daily expenses
Coverage for travel expenses
Available Study Fields:
- MAdmin Public Management and Policy
- MCom Accounting Sciences
- MCom Accounting Sciences (Coursework)
- MCom Advanced Data Analytics
- MCom Advanced Data Analytics (Coursework)
- MCom Agricultural Economics
- MCom Auditing
- MCom Informatics
- MCom Business Management
- MCom Taxation
- MCom Econometrics (Coursework)
- MCom Economics (Coursework)
- MCom Financial Management Sciences (Coursework)
- MCom Human Resource Management (Coursework)
- MCom Industrial Psychology (Coursework)
- MPA (Coursework)
- MCom Marketing Management (Coursework)
- MCom Taxation (Coursework)
- MCom Tourism Management
- MPhil Agricultural Economics (Coursework)
- MPhil Business Management Responsible Leadership (Coursework)
- MPhil Business Management Strategic Management (Coursework)
- MPhil Business Management Supply Chain Management (Coursework)
- MPhil Communication Management
- MPhil Development Practice (Coursework)
- MPhil Economics (Coursework)
- MPhil Entrepreneurship (Coursework)
- MPhil Financial Management Sciences
- MPhil Fraud Risk Management (Coursework)
- MPhil Human Resource Management (Coursework)
- MPhil Internal Auditing (Coursework)
- MPhil International Taxation (Coursework)
- MPhil Labour Relations Management
- MPhil Public Policy
- MPhil Strategic Communication Management (Coursework)
- MPhil Taxation (Coursework)
- MPhil Tourism Management
- MPhil Tourism Management (Coursework)
Eligibility Criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UP:
A candidate must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships:
The UP Scholarship is open to candidates from Africa.
Applications are welcome from candidates seeking a postgraduate degree.
A candidate must have experience in community service and leadership.
Candidates are also expected to maintain a high academic average throughout their academic careers.
Candidates must demonstrate financial need and come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
The application deadline to apply for the Mastercard Scholarship 2023 at the University of Pretoria is 31st October 2022.
How to apply for the University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholars 2023?
Applicants must have received provisional admission to the University of Pretoria before they can apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
A provisional admission letter will be required.
Applicants may apply online to any master’s degree program on the university’s website.
Send your MCFSP application along with all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org