Are you looking for an answer to the question, “How do I get my JAMB profile code?” If you replied yes, your question has been answered in this post. You’ll learn how to get the 2021 profile code, how to recover a missing code, and more when you read through this post. Continue reading!
All prospective candidates who wish to register for the 2021 JAMB are informed that they need to get the JAMB profile code before they can register. This is why this article is created, to show you to get your profile code for JAMB 2021.
Read a little about the Joint Admissions Matriculation Board before you go on to see how to get to see all about the profile code for 2021 registration.
About Joint Admission Matriculation Board
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions.
The board administers the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, which is required of all prospective undergraduates applying to Nigerian universities.
Applicants to Nigerian public and private monotechnics, polytechnics, and colleges of education are also required to take similar exams.
The mission of the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) is to ensure that students are admitted to university measure candidates’ abilities and determine their suitability for higher education. READ MORE
What is JAMB Profile Code?
The JAMB profile code is a one-time number provided to candidates when they begin the registration process with JAMB.
You won’t be able to get your registration ePIN/form until you’ve created a profile number. As a result, getting your profile code is the first step in finishing your JAMB registration.
When you buy a reg when you apply your NIN to JAMB, you’ll get a ten-digit code form is known as your profile code.
How to Get My Profile Code for JAMB 2021
You must use your cell phone number to obtain your Jamb profile code; you cannot obtain a Jamb profile code via a proxy.
As a result, avoid using someone else’s phone number or an out-of-date number, as the number you provide would be used to send you messages.
In order to execute this service, you must have at least N100 on your SIM card. Follow the steps in the order described below.
- First, you need to obtain your NIN.
- Let’s say that your NIN is “96348643410”, send an SMS in the format “NIN 96348643410” to 55019 (Note: put space in between the NIN and the number.
- Without the NIN number; Send an SMS in the format “SURNAME FIRST NAME OTHER NAME” to 55019.
- After sending the message, you will receive a message from JAMB having your JAMB profile code (The profile code is ten digits e.g. 48*****334).
- The message will also contain the FULL NAME you used during NIN registration.
Using USSD Code
Simply Dial *55019*1*NIN# and your Profile Code would be sent to your phone as SMS immediately.
Recover your Lost JAMB Profile Code
Here is a simple step to recover your profile code via SMS.
- Retrieve your lost number from your service provider.
- After successful retrieving, you have a minimum of #100 airtime on the phone.
- Text RESEND to 55019.
- You will receive an SMS reply consisting of your profile code digit.
Please, if you can’t go through the stress of retrieving the exact SIM card, then try the e-facility alternative.
This is easier and cost-free. All you need is fair computer knowledge and Wi-Fi or access to a computer service provider.
- Visit the JAMB e-facility portal
- Log in to your candidate’s profile with your JAMB profile email and its password
- This will take you to your Dashboard. Here you will see at the top “Hello! Welcome Back, James Williams Bright… Registration Profile Code: 49251**931
RECOVER FROM YOUR EMAIL INBOX/SPAM:
For your privacy and comfort, JAMB has made it easy to get your profile code sent to your inbox when you are building your profile.
To look for your profile code in the email, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your email you used while creating the profile or used for your JAMB registration.
- Locate the message sent to you that day.
- If you’d already got a lot of messages that, it becomes difficult for you to see the JAMB’s ones, use the search box inside your email dashboard. Type in “JAMB” and hit the enter key (search). This will return only a few messages you got from JAMB or that have to do with JAMB. Then, check for the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Answers
1. What is the JAMB Profile Code?
Ans = It is a unique ten-digit code sent to your mobile phone at the first instance of registering for the JAMB Screening exam.
2. How Can I Generate JAMB Profile Code?
Ans = To generate a profile code, simply follow the steps highlighted in the early part of this article.
3. Is it possible to recover a lost profile code?
Ans = Of course, it is possible. Go through this article to see how it is done.
4. Can I Change the Number I Used in Registering JAMB?
Ans = If any issues arise and you need to change your JAMB registration number, you definitely can. In fact, you can change any of your JAMB details.