Learnallpro reports that The Governing Council and Management of the Grooming People for Better Livelihood Centre (Grooming Centre), a leading Microfinance Institution in Nigeria, is currently accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Grooming Centre University Grant Scheme for the academic year 2022. The objective of the programme, which is the third in a series, is to stimulate research and the expansion of existing knowledge in the areas of microfinance, rural development, inclusive finance, social enterprise, micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSME), and women’s participation in the development process.
READ ALSO: JAMB: why I,456 candidates who scored above 300 in UTME didn’t get admission
Grooming Centre University Grant Scheme Objectives, Beneficiaries and Requirements
- To promote financial inclusion and contribution to the knowledge base in enterprise development through research.
- The 2022 University Grant will be awarded to 100 Undergraduate and 50 Postgraduate students who are presently carrying out their research studies in the areas of either microfinance, rural development, inclusive finance, social enterprise, MSME and women in development.
- The applicant must be either a student at the undergraduate or postgraduate level in a Nigerian tertiary institution whose research study covers any of such areas as financial inclusion, microfinance, rural development, social enterprise, MSMEs, technological development, women in development or any other research that is aimed at lifting people out of poverty.
- Research Areas
- The focus of the research study must be relevant to the Nigerian context, practical, innovative and should be capable of promoting any of the above areas of interest, in the Nigerian space.
- The applicant must be a student at a NUC/NBTE-approved Nigerian university or polytechnic.
- The applicant must submit a written and signed recommendation from his/her project supervisor.
- The research must show a high level of originality, and imaginative thought and be data inclusive.
- (There are no age, gender, religious or ethnic barriers to application).
How to Apply for Grooming Centre University Grant Scheme
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below: