The management of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE (Africa’s first petroleum university and the sixth in the world), located at Effurun Delta State has announced the date for her 3rd convocation ceremony and installation of its new Chancellor, His Royal Majesty Oba Babatunde Adewale Ajayi, Akarigbo & Paramount Ruler of Remo land. The 2 days ceremony shall hold on the 17th and 18th of June 2022 at the institution’s permanent site in Effurun, Warri, Delta State.
The Vice-Chancellor Prof Akpofure Rim-Rukeh, who won Daily Digest Vice-Chancellor of the Year 2022 together with the University authorities, has positioned this event in accordance with its goal of promoting industry research with the core mandate of providing full manpower training and capacity building in support of the energy, oil and gas sector
At this 2-day convocation event, the University committee shall be hosting very important, high level international, national and state guests; and representations from across the entire Energy, Oil and Gas industry including the host government and academia.
The event is set to feature activities such as a Special Convocation lecture by Engr. Simbi Kesiye Wabote, the executive secretary, Nigeria Content Development and Monitoring Board with the theme: Defining the Value of Local Content in Petroleum Education. More to this event is the Roundtable sessions, commissioning of the University projects, Awards of first degrees and conferment of higher degrees, job fair, exhibition and prize-giving session.
Major companies in the oil and gas, energy sector are also in partnership and sponsorship of this great event.
Notice to Graduands:
This is to inform the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 Graduands of Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun that activities for the 3rd Convocation Ceremony of the University for the award of first degree, post-graduate diploma, higher degree and Award of Honorary Degree will take place from Friday, 17th to Saturday, 18th June, 2022.
Consequent upon the above, graduands are requested to note the followings:
It is mandatory for all graduands to pay for the underlisted items irrespective of attendance at the Convocation Ceremony.
- Academic outfit/scroll or folder (certificate inclusive)
- First Degree N15,000.00
- Postgraduate (PGD) N20,000.00
- Postgraduate (MSc) N40,000.00
- Order of Proceedings – N5,000.00
- Convocation Fee (Brochure) – N5,000.00
- First Degree N25,000.00
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) – N30,000.00
- Postgraduate (MSc) – N30,000.00
- All Graduands are expected to dress in full appropriate wear (i.e. corporate wear).
- Academic outfits for all first degree Graduands will be collected at the Colleges/Departments
- Academic outfits/materials for Higher Degree will be collected at the School of post graduate studies.
- Graduands must present evidence of payment before they can collect Convocation materials
- Collection of Convocation materials commences on Wednesday, 8th June, 2022.
- Academic outfits should be returned to their respective collection points not later than Wednesday, 22nd June, 2022 (applicable to first degree and PGD graduands). Academic outfits returned after the deadline will attract penalty. Loss/damage academic outfit will attract a replacement.
- All Graduands are to assemble at the Administrative Building by 9.30 am for commencement of the academic procession.
- It is compulsory for all Graduands to participate in the academic procession and to put on the approved wears.