A New Orleans mansion reportedly own by megastars Beyoncé and Jay-Z caught fire on Wednesday night.
According to reports, the blaze started at the $2.4 million historic property around 6:15pm local time, and had been fully extinguished around two hours later after 22 firefighters arrived at the scene.
DailyMail.com has reached out to representatives for the 39-year-old star who have so far been unavailable for comment.
Alarm: A New Orleans mansion reportedly own by megastars Beyoncé and Jay-Z caught fire on Wednesday night
A fire department spokesperson told the New York Post: ‘If they didn’t get there when they did, it could have been much worse. It’s a historic home.’
Nola.com was first to report that the property was owned by Beyoncé and her husband Jay-Z, 51.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined but was was contained by 7pm. and only reached one-alarm fire status.
The power couple are said to have bought the home in 2015, after it was acquired by Sugarcane Park LLC, which is managed by the singer’s mother Tina Knowles.
Close call: New Orleans $2.4million mansion reportedly owned by Beyoncé and Jay-Z catches fire (Pictured 2016)