Individuals interested in pursuing a degree program at the University of Bonn in Germany are being offered a fantastic chance.
This grant will be used to strengthen cooperation between Bonn scientists and their partners in the aforementioned locations, as well as to expand such collaborations in terms of early-career researcher advancement.
The goal is to provide support for PhD candidates from countries in the Global South in order to enhance scientific contact with partners, especially in areas where scientific activity has been relatively suppressed.
2022 Argelander Scholarships for Doctoral Candidates at University of Bonn Germany
Application Deadline: May 1, 2022
Eligible Countries: Africa, Latin America and Asia
Value of Awards: The funding can cover the following:
- A travel allowance (depending on country of origin)
- A scholarship of € 1,500 per month (additional funds for accompanying family members: up to € 300 for a spouse and € 250 per child)
- A research expense allowance of up to € 300 per month that can be submitted to the International Office after the scholarship has been awarded. Information on applying for the allowance will be provided with your scholarship award.
Number of Awards: Not Known
- Applicants must be international doctoral candidates pursuing a doctoral degree at a university or a research institute in Africa, Latin America or Asia.
- Doctoral candidates who are already pursuing their Ph.D. at the University of Bonn are not eligible for funding. Recipients of funding should finish their doctorates at their home university (to avoid brain drain).
Application Process: The application must be submitted by a full-time professor from the University of Bonn. The doctoral candidates must submit a signed motivational letter.
- Online form
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project to be worked on during the person’s stay in Bonn;
please write your proposal for a multidisciplinary audience
- Reasons for the host to invite the doctoral candidate
- An outline of how the doctoral candidate will be integrated at the host institute (place of work, participation in the institute’s teaching and research activities), and an outline of how the project will be supervised in Bonn
- CV and motivational letter of the doctoral candidate (PDF)
- A financing plan (please use the following Excel table, download here)
2022 Argelander Scholarships for Doctoral Candidates at University of Bonn Germany Visit The Official Website For More Information