Nyesom Wike, the Rivers State Governor brought about fairly a stir lately with some explosive revelations he made.
The governor on Friday held a media chat for nearly two hours on Friday throughout which he addressed many points on the Peoples Democratic Social gathering(PDP).
Listed here are main takeaways from the chat that held many spell-bound:
1. The Peoples Democratic Social gathering (PDP) led the inspiration for the disaster when it jettisoned zoning precept contained in its Structure. The Presidential ticket was purported to have been zoned completely to the South.
2. The PDP Nationwide Chairman, Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, is just not a reliable character. He promised to resign if a Northern presidential candidate emerged, however had refused to satisfy his promise regardless of the emergence of Atiku Abubakar.
3. The conference that produced Atiku Abubakar was extremely compromised and flawed by the actions of Ayu. He mentioned: “It would have ended in crisis if not for the love I have for the PDP.”
4. Ayu deployed intimidation and abused his workplace when he convened many conferences within the homes of retired generals. The conferences, in keeping with Wike, have been ” to make sure that I didn’t emerge the flag bearer of the occasion. He even vowed to resign if I ought to win the occasion’s ticket.”
5. PDP presidential canndidate, Atiku Abubakar, is just not a reliable character. He lacks integrity. Wike alleged: “He visited me after his emergence and promised that Ayu would resign, but he failed to actualise it. He also met us in London and promised that Ayu must go but we were surprised that he went to a gathering and cited constitutional issues.”
6. PDP is conceited and desires restructuring. The Governor claimed: “A party that is in the opposition and serious to win an election cannot be as arrogant as the PDP. If the PDP cannot restructure itself to correct the marginalisation in the PDP, Nigerians are now doubting the party’s capacity to unite the country.”
7. Atiku is surrounded by these with out a lot political worth. “Those asking the party to sanction me especially Waziri from Yobe State lack electoral values. Since 1999, PDP has never won Yobe,” he said.
8. PDP can’t dare sanction, not to mention droop me. “I dare the party to sanction me. They should do it. Who will sanction me? Those, who left the party cannot sanction me. If they do it, they know what I can do,” he warned.
9. No backing for Atiku till demand are met. “If at the end, the party refuses to meet our demand, we will meet again to take a decision on our next strategies for the election. Haven’t you seen where a senatorial candidate lost in an area while the governorship candidate from the same party won in that same place?”
10. There may be nothing that justifies Ayu remaining within the workplace. Ayu ought to exhibit that he loves the PDP by resigning. The NEC can meet and take the choice and later rectify it in a conference after the election.